Journey into God's Word, Second Edition
A guide to learn the skills you need to understand and apply God's Word. Now revised and updated!
Life is a journey, and like any journey, it requires an accurate, reliable roadmap to get us where we need to go. God has provided such a guide in his Word. But just as a navigator needs to learn how to interpret all the contours and symbols of a map, so also we need to be able to understand how the Bible communicates its directions to us.
In Journey into God's Word, Second Edition reader's will:
- Be introduced to the Interpretive Journey, a five-step framework for understanding how to read any Bible passage
- Learn vital reading skills that aid in their comprehension of not just the Bible, but of any piece of literature
- Discover the importance of understanding historical-cultural and literary contexts
- Receive guidance on choosing a Bible translation for their study
- Be given practical tips for reading specific genres in the Bible like, Gospels, letters, Law, prophecy, poetry, and more
Journey into God's Word, Second Edition helps Bible readers acquire these skills and become better at reading, interpreting, and applying the Bible to life. Based on the bestselling college/seminary textbook Grasping God's Word it takes the proven principles from that book and makes them accessible to people in the church. It starts with general principles of interpretation, then moves on to apply those principles to specific genres and contexts. Hands-on exercises guide readers through the interpretation process, with an emphasis on real-life application. This second edition has been revised and updated to match the fourth edition of Grasping God's Word with a five-step Interpretive Journey.