Lead-er-shift [verb]: The act of nimbly adapting oneâ€™s leadership in the midst of rapid change.
The term leadershift may be new to you, but the climate of change that demands it is not. As a leader, you already know that it takes more than staying the course to be successful. The key to not just surviving but to continual innovation, improvement, and influence is to learn how to leadershift.
In the Leadershift Workbook, based on the bestselling book of the same name, author John C. Maxwell helps leaders make the changes the current fast-paced environment demands. He begins by helping leaders embrace seven principles to face every situation with flexibility and confidence:
- Continually learn, unlearn, and relearn
- Value yesterday, but live in today
- Rely on speed, but thrive on timing
- See the big picture as the picture keeps getting bigger
- Live in today, but think about tomorrow
- Move forward courageously in the midst of uncertainty
- Realize todayâ€™s best will not meet tomorrowâ€™s challenges
In each of the lessons in this workbook, John shares the critical shifts he has personally made over the course of his long and successful leadership career, including the Adaptive Shift from Plan A to Option A, the Production Shift from Ladder Climbing to Ladder Building, and the Influence Shift from Positional Authority to Moral Authority. These leadershifts will change the way you think, act, and ultimately lead so you can be proactive and successful in an ever-changing world.
Designed for use with the Leadershift book (9780718098506).