Ten Girls Who Made History
But was it that different? Irene Howat has researched the lives of these famous women of God and draws out lessons we can all relate to, especially youngsters today.
Ida Scudder (Missionary in India), Betty Green (Co-founder of MAF), Jeanette Li (Evangelist and Bible teacher in Communist China),
- Mary Jane Kinnaird (Founder of the YWCA),
- Bessie Adams (Co-founder of CLC),
- Emma Dryer (Co-founder of Moody College),
- Lottie Moon (Missionary in China), Florence Nightingale (Pioneer in Health Care),
- Heanrietta Mears (Pioneer in Children's Ministry), and
- Elisabeth Elliot (Missionary to the Aucas).
Find out how Mary Jane Kinnaird prayed and helped young women; Emma Dryer studied astronomy and became a Bible teacher; Florence Nightingale became a nurse and was useful to God; Lottie Moon thought Missionaries were silly and then became one herself; Ida Scudder changed her mind and then changed India; Henrietta Mears dreamed big and wrote books; Bessie Adams became a missionary in a horse-drawn caravan; Betty Green flew planes in World War II; Elisabeth Elliot's husband was killed but she forgave his murderers and Janette Li became a Christian and told her own Chinese people about the one true God.